Wednesday 20th February, 1pm - 4.30pm, Railway Museum - York (free)
The York Rail Innovation Community exists to connect the depth of rail expertise in York with each other, and with innovative capabilities outside of the rail sector.
We're here to help local organisations with innovative ideas understand the rail industry, and how to engage with it, whilst also showcasing innovation from within and outside the industry to local rail businesses, to catalyse more innovative thinking.
Our launch event brings this community together for the first time. The event is suitable for anyone involved with, or interested in, the rail industry. We're York centric, but welcome attendees from the wider region.
A line-up of speakers from the rail industry and local businesses will cover:
- Session 1: Showcasing recent innovative achievements in rail, aspirations, and routes to market.
- hear about recent achievements with innovation;
- hear industry aspirations and challenges to solve with more innovation;
- understand the industry structure
- learn about the routes to market, and innovation schemes/funding available.
- Session 2: Lightning talks - showcasing innovations not yet widespread in rail, and sharing experiences of bringing products to the rail market
- hear about the application of new innovations in rail and other sectors;
- hear real-world experiences of bringing products to the rail market and lessons learnt;
- learn about new innovative concepts and technologies.
- Session 3: Exploration and discussion
- The opportunity for discussion with speakers to explore topics in more detail;
- Networking and setting-up follow-up actions;
- Agreeing the themes for future YoRIC events.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Innovate UK
- National Railway Museum
- Network Rail
- Omnicom Balfour Beatty
- TransPennine Express